Salary: Starting at $70K
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Work Location: In-person (Irvine)
Eggs Unlimited is a family-owned company headquartered in Irvine, California. We are one of the largest egg companies in the nation. Operated by a team of customer oriented, experienced individuals we are constantly working to bring you the best quality eggs for the best possible price. We utilize our extensive experience spanning all aspects of the egg industry from farming to purchasing to freight and logistics in order to consistently prove to you that we have your margins in mind.
The Purchase Order and Logistics Coordinator will work alongside our Logistics and Freight team. This position is responsible for writing and entering purchase orders and completing freight arrangements for supplier orders. Accuracy and a meticulous attention to detail are vital in this role. We have multiple suppliers, variable pricing and a vast amount of product specifications which need to be detailed accurately on purchase orders and excel based systems.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in writing purchase orders and similar supply chain experience. Previous freight experience would be ideal for this role although not a must. Part of this role is to work with carriers to book freight, detail loads, convey to suppliers and customers the freight schedule, make appointments where necessary and track loads through to delivery. All amends, delays and cost changes must be communicated to all parties involved in the transaction and recorded on our systems.
This position is perfect for multi-taskers who pride themselves on their attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and be good with numbers.
- Previous freight experience – Ideal
- Ability to work independently
- Write PO’s accurately checking details and specifications with the Sales team.
- Enter Purchase order numbers, specifications, pricing, and order details into company system and excel sheets.
- Check and enter pricing details.
- Ensure compliance paperwork and certificates are provided if required to either carrier or suppliers.
- Request BOL’s check and research any claims, damages, or price changes.
- Oversee daily communications with all suppliers with regards to order, costing variances and relay information to sales team.
- Interaction and communication with sales on product delivery.
- Interaction and communication with carriers, keeping deliveries on schedule.
- Track historic pricing to ensure best pricing for Freight.
- Reviewing data to benchmark pricing against historic loads.
- Amending purchase orders and updating systems as changes happen.
- Other miscellaneous special projects and/or reports as required for Management
- Learn customer and supplier preferences
- Calm under pressure
- Good customers service skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical with data
- Good communication skills
- Ability to learn new systems and retain information
- Ability to resolve issues as they arise with suppliers and carriers diplomatically
- Good with numbers and excel
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K Contribution
- Free Lunch everyday + Snacks and Refreshments provided all day
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.